UPDATED: Captaindumbledore’s GIVEAWAY
- I’ve been in a hiatus for almost half a year and I’ve just come back last month. I must say that I’ve been quite silent from my comeback. So here’s a giveaway announcing my official return from this world. This Giveaway shall be my Christmas Giveaway, too because I’m not rich. *sobs*
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
1. Harry Potter Bookset (with the new cover)- Okay, so this is why I’m giving this precious thing away. It was my birthday and I requested this to my college friends, I’ve also been talking about this bookset in front of my parents. I wasn’t expecting to actually receive this but the morning of my birthday, my parents gave me a set. When I went to school, another book set was seating on my chair from my college friends. They said I should sell it and make some money but I think that’s wrong so my friends suggested give it away to my followers. So yeah, misunderstandings
2. Quidditch Through the Years and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them- I have another set of this, from my friend. I found these from a book sale in a school near my house. It was surprisingly cheap so I bought it.
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- This is my very first DH book. It’s really tattered and precious. Inside this book are notes and facts I’ve written. There are also quotations that have been highlighted. On the blank page at the back, I’ve written a song dedicated for the end of the book.
4. House of Hades- This book has been bought by my own money. My sister and I are both fans of Riordan’s work. So when I came home with the book, I found my sister reading another copy of it which she bought, too. So I decided I should pile this gem in this giveaway too.
5. The Kane Chronicles: Survival Guide- This is a gift from my aunt. This is book from Riordan, too. I wouldn’t want to give it away but I bought a set of Riordan’s work and it also contains this book.
6. Deathly Hallows Necklace- I already have a DH necklace (it have a fancier chains). i found this at a local fashion store. It’s kind of affordable so I bought it and giving it to you.
7. HP-related Ballers- The Lumos baller glows in the dark. There will be two Gryffindor ballers both with lion engravings in different colors. The Slytherin one has a snake engraving too. These are what were left in my supplies. My friend used to distribute these so I’ve got most of these to sell.
8. A life-long friend- I’m so sorry. I would put the celebrity of your choice as your friend but I don’t think my lunch money is enough. So you’re stuck with me.
9. A place in my heart, I mean my blog.
11. A Follow- I will check everyone’s blog and follow some of you too. Yay!RULES:
- Must be following moi.
- LIKES DO NOT COUNT. I’M SORRY.
- REBLOG AS MANY AS YOU WANT.
- DO NOT USE ANY PROMO BLOGS, I CAN TELL.DETAILS:
- Promo will end on December 24, 2013.
- I will message the winner on December 25, 2013. Please open your askbox.
- If the winner didn’t reply in 2 days time, another winner will be picked.
- I will use a random number generator to pick the winner.
- THE SHIPPING FEE WILL BE MY RESPONSIBILITY. WELL, MY MUM’S MONEY BUT HEY, SHE SAW ME MAKING THIS GIVEAWAY AND VOLUNTEERED TO HELP.
- Any other questions? My askbox is open.THANK YOU AND GOODLUCK!U P D A T E D
Just some photos of kindness. Click here to see some more!
i felt obligated to reblog because a couple of days ago, a very kind older woman paid for my drink at starbucks just because she had extra money on her giftcard. with all the hate in this world, it’s nice to be reminded that, sometimes, people can be so very kind.
A fan narration of Augustus Waters’s letter to Peter Van Houten.
I INSTANTLY GASPED BECAUSE IT’S AUGUSTUS. IT’S REALLY HIM
I tried hard not to reblog this, when it first started I was not at all taken with it. But the longer you listen, the more softened his voice becomes, the more real it feels. By the time he is talking about holding her hand I was in tears. It was Gus, it was him speaking and it just hurt so bad that now I am sitting here in tears wondering what notes he had written for Hazel’s eulogy.
This is why I love fanart so much, in all its varying forms. Seeing people understand and portray the characters so brilliantly takes my breath away. This is wonderful- guaranteed to make you cry if you loved Augustus like I did. A lovely performance.
saw this on facebook and thought i’d share it!For the past 6 years, a dog named Capitán has slept on the grave of his owner every night. His owner, Miguel Guzmán died in 2006 and Capitán disappeared shortly after the family attended the funeral services. They searched everywhere and put out flyers to try and find him. But no one had seen him.
A week later, some people who were at the cemetary late one evening spotted Capitán laying on a grave and they contacted the grounds keeper at the cemetary. The cemetary notified the family who promptly came to pick him up and take him home. But each night he would cry and scratch frantically at the door to go out and he wouldn’t return home until morning. It was later discovered that Capitán would walk the 3 miles back to the cemetary each night to guard his master’s grave.
It has been nearly 7 years now. The cemetary does not close the gates until he arrives each night promptly at 6 pm. He sleeps there all night guarding the grave until the grounds keeper opens the gate in the morning.
And people have the nerve to say animals don’t have feelings
This is so beautiful.